Wednesday, June 6, 2012

#50! Strawberry Cupcakes

WE MADE IT! Here is the 50th blog post :) On account of it being a special day, I decided to make my favorite flavor of cupcake: strawberry! So lately I've been trying different brands of cake mix. Normally, I purchase Betty Crocker because I can always count on it to turn out delicious. This time around I tried Pillsbury Moist Supreme in Strawberry.


I am a HUGE strawberry fan so I was hoping beyond hope that these cupcakes would be yummy.

I stirred the mix until it was perfectly smooth with little pink chunks of strawberry.


I filled the liners with a 1/4 measuring cup which was the perfect amount for each liner. I then popped these babies in the oven at 350 degrees for 19 minutes.


19 minutes was the perfect amount of time. I took them out of the oven and they were so fluffy and big. They each rose really well.

 Originally, I had purchased Betty Crocker Whipped Butter Cream Frosting. but when I opened it and tasted it, I found that it wouldn't work as well with the cupcakes. Instead, I used Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting.

I wanted to make a fun color on the cupcakes so I used McCormick Neon food coloring.

 (It looked like ice cream)

I mixed together pink and blue to make a lavender. Why lavender? I have no idea. I was in the mood for purple. In hindsight, I guess a red would have been more suiting.

I used a small amount of frosting in case I wasn't please with the color.

It was very pretty though so I kept it. I topped it off with a graham cracker and just like that a lavender strawberry cupcake was born!


The cupcake mix was very good. I was surprised at how much the cakes rose. They were yummy and moist and so soft. My only issue would be that after a while my unfrosted cupcakes seemed sticky at the top. It was weird. Overall, I would definitely recommend these cupcakes and would use that mix again. Delicious! Happy 50th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment