Sunday, June 3, 2012

#48 Review

Yesterday, I took a trip to Downtown Disney for my boyfriend's birthday. We stopped by Marceline's Confectionary, the lovely shop next to Studio Disney full of sweets and baked goodies. I saw that they had cupcakes and had to get one!

There were two flavors, chocolate and vanilla. I opted for a vanilla cupcake and was left with the choice of blue frosting or pink. I went with pink because it looked bright and vibrant.



I was really excited to try this cupcake because it looked yummy. It was big and pink and covered in Mickey shaped sprinkles.



Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. Upon my first bite, I immediately felt a weird flavor. It wasn't very sweet and was actually bland tasting. I took another bite and it was slightly better than the first. I was wondering what the weird flavor I was tasting was and decided to give the frosting a try.

Found it. The frosting was disgusting. Alone, it tasted so bitter and gross. I was shocked that a frosting could taste so unsweetened. I then took a bite out of just the cake and it wasn't very good. It didn't have a strong flavor and it was very bland. The cake was moist, however, which was nice.

I only got halfway through the cupcake before I completely did not want it anymore. I didn't even finish the cupcake.

Individually, the frosting and cake were terrible.Together, they made for a better cupcake.

Overall, I definitely would not recommend this cupcake. It was not good at all. The frosting was awful and the cake was bland. I was very disappointed and will not get this cupcake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment