Monday, May 14, 2012

#37 Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcake

So I was at home making chocolate chip cookies the other day with my little brother when I got the idea to make a cupcake thanks to Mrs. Fields. Every time I walk past a Mrs. Fields in the mall I see their cookies decked out with fun frosting designs. This inspired me to make my own little cookie-cake.


I had a pack of Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies to work with.



I used one square per cupcake because I didn't know how big they would get inside the cup. Also, Since they were inside cups instead of expanding on a cookie sheet, I put them in for a longer amount of time. I baked my cookie-cupcakes at 375 degrees for about 14 minutes.





I was a little worried they would be burnt because the outer cookie appeared to be hard.


Turns out the one cookie square didn't exactly reach the top so I decided to cut the cupcake liners with a pair of scissors.


Then I used Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Frosting to frost my cupcakes.


Added some stars for decoration and voila! My Mrs. Fields like cupcake was complete.

I took a bite of these cakes to find that they were perfectly baked. There was not even an ounce of burnt on them. The cookie was perfectly soft inside with a nice crunchy outer shell. The frosting on top was a nice bonus and added a fun flavor to an already yummy chocolate chip cookie.

Overall, these cookie-cupcakes were a success and I would definitely make them again. Next time around, I'll probably put two cookie squares instead of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment