Sunday, April 1, 2012

#9 Carrot Cake Cupcakes

I saw this adorable carrot cake cupcake recipe with a carrot chili on top from Betty Crocker. Here's the picture that inspired me to try this idea:
I thought it looked so cute and the recipe looked very simple so I decided to give it a try.
The ingredients I used were:
  • Betty Crocker Super Moist Carrot Cake
  • Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
  • Market Pantry Fruit-Flavored Rolls
  • Super Power Straws
  • 6-pack of Oreo Cookies
First I made the cake as followed by the box, replacing the oil with butter.
While the cupcakes were baking, I made all the decorations.

 
I split the Oreo in two and took out the white center. I put the cookies in a bowl and crushed them into crumbs.

Then I started on the carrots chili's. Now, originally the topping is supposed to be a carrot. My Target, unfortunately, did not have orange fruit roll-ups, only red. I though it might not be super red since the picture looked like it had an orange tint. I was very wrong. Chili's it is!


I cut my sour straw into about centimeter pieces, then sliced those into really thin strips to make the leaves. I then cut my fruit roll-up into triangles.


I rolled them up, making the top bigger than the bottom. I then placed the green strips on the top, sticking them to the fruit roll-up.


The cupcakes were ready! I took them out of the oven and they looked perfectly golden-brown. I frosted them, rolled the tops in Oreo bowl, and placed the chili on top.
They turned out pretty good :)


They would have looked more similar had it not been for the red fruit roll-up. When I put them in a container they looked like my own little herb garden. I loved it :)


Such an easy decorating idea that anyone can do and adjust to their liking. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment